Saturday, May 28, 2005

More Quotes About Writing

So, I've started working through A Writer's Book of Days by Judy Reeves, and it has some great quotes from writers about writing. I thought I'd share them with you for inspiration.

(My favorite)
"When I am writing, I am doing the thing I was meant to do." - Anne Sexton

"Writers aren't born knowing the craft; writers are born with an urge to write, a curiosity, an imagination, and, perhaps, a love of the language. The way to learn the craft is through practice, and your notebook is the place of your apprenticeship. Even writers who are expert in the craft (those who've practiced long and hard) still try out new ideas." — Judy Reeves

"If you don't tell the truth about yourself, you cannot tell it about other people." - Virginia Woolf

"Don't just put in your time. That is not enough. You have to make a great effort. Be willing to put your whole life on the line when you sit down for writing practice." - Natalie Goldberg

"...always wish that you may find patience enough in yourself to endure, and simplicity enough to believe." - Rainer Maria Rilke

"Eighty percent of success is showing up." - Woody Allen

I hope you enjoy these as much as I have. As I practice my writing, I'll post some of my entries, depending on how long or how personal they might be. That way I'll also be updating this blog more regularly.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home