Friday, July 15, 2005

Some Things About Me, Part Deux

For #1-14 go here.

15) Things I can't keep track of: umbrellas, nail clippers, my checkbook, my sunglasses (and they're prescription), candle lighters.

16) I love drinks with finely crushed ice, which is virtually impossible to find these days. Most fast-food chains don't have this type of ice, except for Sonic and Zaxby's. Many times, I have to go to one of those Mom and Pop greasy spoons, but man, those drinks are so refreshing. And I don't have to worry about cracking my teeth on the ice when I eat it, because that's another thing I do, eat ice.

17) I still like Hootie and the Blowfish. I was never fanatical about them, but I always like their albums. Were they overrated? Perhaps, but I'm still a fan. Sue me.

18) Pet peeves: self-importance, unsolicited advice, leaving a grocery cart in the parking spot (especially if it's in the one I want to park in), habitual tardiness, drivers who stay within inches of my back bumper

19) For someone who never has money, I'll sit with my calculator and figure up how much money we'll have left over at the end of each week. And I'll sit and compute ahead for weeks, even months. Danny calls it my "Calculation of the Earth's Rotation." If he catches me doing it, he asks if we're going to fly off course toward the sun. Smart-ass.

20) I can't stand the sound or feeling of metal against my teeth. I think this stems from the traumatic experience of having braces in elementary school.

21) I have never cut grass in my entire life, but I'm sure that will change when my husband reads this.

2 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

I've always thought Hootie was so cute. Don't know about the blowfish though.
I wouldn't have mentioned the grass thing, now you're gonna have to do it & get all itchy.

7/16/2005 12:53 AM  
Blogger SappyChick said...

Jane,

I went to college in the city where Hootie and the Blowfish got started, and I remember during the week I graduated, there was a CD release party at the local hotspot where they always played.

And don't worry about the grass thing. I think I can get out of it! ;-)

7/16/2005 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home