Monday, July 11, 2005

5 Songs I'm Loving Right Now

1) "Wreck of the Day," Anna Nalick: Desperately close to a coffin of hope, I cheat destiny just to be near you. What an awesome line.

2) "One Moment More," Mindy Smith: They lyrics are simple, but with the elegant orchestration and her pure, haunting voice, this song is just beautifully heartbreaking.

3) "Holiday," Green Day: Come on, how can you not bang your head and pump your fist to any Green Day song? Okay, perhaps "Good Riddance."

4) "Beautiful Life," Fisher: You know the Toyota commercial with the rolling wheel? This is the song playing. It's just such a happy-go-lucky song. As a matter of fact, it's on my iPod's Happy-Go-Lucky playlist.

5) "Elysium," Mary Chapin Carpenter: She is such the ultimate songwriter. This song just gradually builds into this beautiful crescendo, like you're driving up over a hill and the valley is laid out right in front of you.

My favorite lines: Sometimes you get there in spite of the route, losing track of your life and what it's about. The road seems to know when to straighten right out, the closer you come to Elysium.

And: I could wonder if all of it led me to you. I could show you the arrows and circles I drew. I didn't have a map. It's the best I could do on the fly and on the run.

Oh, to write like her.

3 Comments:

Blogger SappyChick said...

No problem!

She's definitely worth the attention, very refreshing and very talented.

7/11/2005 11:58 PM  
Blogger jane said...

I'm suddenly realizing my AGE. I dont know any of those songs. yikes!!

7/12/2005 12:41 AM  
Blogger SappyChick said...

Well, Jane, don't fret too much because all but one of these songs gets much airplay on the radio. But if you have iTunes, you might want to give them a listen. :)

And Danny, you know what the answer to that is.

7/12/2005 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home