Monday, July 11, 2005

My Top 5 Most Romantic Songs

... in no particular order because I just can't choose!

"The One," Elton John: In the instant that you love someone, in the second that the hammer hits, reality runs up your spine and the pieces finally fit. That does it for me.

"In Your Eyes," Peter Gabriel: The untraditional love song made even more romantic by the scene from Say Anything when John Cusak holds the stereo over his head and plays the song.

"She's Got a Way/She's Always a Woman," Billy Joel: Okay, I'm sort of cheating by including an extra song, but I always group these together because they are similar. I've loved these songs I was young. When I was in middle school, I always hoped I'd meet a guy who'd hear these songs and think of me. Yeah, I was that stupid.

"I Shall Believe," Sheryl Crow: It just oozes unconditional love, that dangerous kind of love that blinds you to all faults. For guys, of course, it's carte blanche to do whatever they want and lie about it. :)

"Possession," Sarah McLachlan: Talk about your raw passion. She's ready to be quite aggressive, which is incredibly scary and incredibly sexy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah McLachlan's music is very romantic (and I love the whole "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy" album), but Possession isn't a romantic song... it's about a stalker.

Oh, and John Cusack spells his name with a "c". (Well, I meant two C's, but you knew that.)

6/04/2007 4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home