Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Wish Me Luck.. But I Don't Know for What

First off, the good news: My cousin had her baby last Thursday, and he's absolutely adorable. He was 6 pounds, 11 ounces, but only 17 inches long! I swear his little ear is no bigger than a nickel.

The other news: Tomorrow morning I have to go for an abdominal ultrasound, and no, it's not because I'm pregnant. It's to solve these pesky stomach pains that keep creeping up, although I've been pain-free since last Wednesday. (*knocks on wood*)

If the ultrasound looks normal, then they'll stick an IV in me and pump me full of radiation to make my gall bladder glow in the dark. Ok, maybe not really, but it's something to that effect.

If that comes back normal, it's off to Plan C. Send Carla to a gastroenterologist for a consultation and a session where a light/camera/thingy is shoved up my nose and down my throat. If that doesn't work I guess they'll have to go up the other end. Lovely.

Of course, if the problem is my gall bladder. I get scheduled for an outpatient surgery where they dig around in my belly and pull my gall bladder out through my belly button... or something like that.

So let's see - what should I hope for? How about for the pain to just magically disappear? Could I get a break like that?

I didn't think so.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hope everything goes well.

8/24/2005 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home