Sunday, September 04, 2005

Just Some Observations...

1 - We live in a subdivision where houses are still being built, and one is now going up across the street from us. I'm not trying to come of as racist or anything, but there are a lot of Hispanics working on that house, and their music is driving me bonkers! How can someone listen to that oompah-oompah sounding music?

2 - I feel guilty about wanting to gush about the beautiful weather we're having when New Orleans is still underwater and half the Gulf Coast is nothing but debris.

3 - While I myself have no desire to play "NASCAR 2006: Total Team Control" (which is a good thing since my husband has been working his way up the ranks since Friday and is now driving in the truck series), I know that there are female race fans out there who might want to play the game, but unfortunately, you can choose a male driver only. This despite the fact that they do have other female racers in the other series in the game. Come, EA Games, get with the program!

4 - The other day I saw a video of this song "Don't Cha" by a new group called The Pussycat Dolls. Let's examine the lyrics here for a moment:

I know you like me (I know you like me)
I know you do (I know you do)
Thats why whenever I come around she's all over you
And I know you want it (I know you want it)
It's easy to see (it's easy to see)
And in the back of your mind
I know you should be home with me

[Chorus]
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me
Don't cha, don't cha
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was raw like me
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was fun like me
Don't cha, don't cha


I don't want to go any further for those of you who are already tortured enough. Why didn't they just go ahead and ask, "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a whore like me?"

I tell you what I wish: I wish they had some talent so I wouldn't. Hate. This. Song. What about you? Don't cha wish that too?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sydney said...

Yes well, not everyone can ummm... write. However, one would think that it would be a prerequisite to being produced on a national record label. One would think...

9/05/2005 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home