Wednesday, September 07, 2005

5 Songs I'm Loving... This Week

I posted an iMix on iTunes called "Sappy Chick's Music, Vol. I" with most of the previous songs I've listed. I've decided that I'll post a mix on there with my selections each month. Check it out if you like! And here's this week's top five:

1) "Jealous of the Moon," Nickel Creek - I have their first album, but when I listened to their second album, I didn't find enough songs that I liked to buy it. I've listened to snippets of this third one, and I only bought three songs. I do like this one though. It's lovely and haunting. Staring down the stars, jealous of the moon, you wish you could fly. Staying where you are, there's nothing you can do when you're too scared to try.

2) "Banana Pancakes," Jack Johnson - I listened to snippets from his first CD when it came out, and I didn't think I'd like him. Then I heard this CD when I was sitting in a coffeehouse the other weekend, and I figured I'd give him another try. This song is good for weekend mornings, especially when fixing breakfast, perhaps... banana pancakes? Mmmmm.....

3) "Don't Lie," Black Eyed Peas - Good acoustic guitar lick, and I like her voice.

4) "Ordinary People," John Legend - He's an excellent piano player, and the video for this song is moving as well. I've listened to the other snippets, thought, and I'm thinking this will be the only song I buy off the album.

5) "Return to Me," Chris Isaak - I'm eternally grateful to my friend Donna for informing me about this song. I already liked the Dean Martin version, and I love the movie - it's hilarious and sweet. Then she told me about seeing Chris Isaak in concert and him performing this song. I got chill bumps when she said it. Then I heard it. Wow. Ladies, make sure you're sitting down and not operating heavy machinery when you listen to this one because you'll melt right into the floor. *swoon*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home