Monday, July 18, 2005

Today, You Get Nothing

I haven't been able to post a writing prompt because I've been home sick today. I woke up in the middle of the night with the horrible, writhing pain in my stomach that makes me think of the Aliens is about to pop out of it. I didn't fall asleep again until about 5:30 am, and I was back up at 6:15 toasting frozen waffles just so I'd have something on my stomach. It helped. I managed to fall asleep again, and I've slept most of the day.

I've been taking Nexium for almost two months for what I thought is an ulcer, but maybe it's not. I didn't eat late, didn't lay down for four hours after eating and didn't even eat pepperoni pizza. So I don't know what's going on. Dammit, I don't want to have some tube/camera/light stuck down my throat.

Oh well. I did get a short story idea from one of the writing prompts. I started it last night before going to bed. We'll see how that goes.

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat a peanut butter sandwich and drink some milk because my digestive system hates me.

4 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

Oh I just love peanut butter! Have you thought of writing a blog entry when you're feeling homesick? That might help you to write about it. Hope you're feeling better.

7/19/2005 10:46 PM  
Blogger SappyChick said...

Well, it's not that I was homesick. I was home... sick.

7/20/2005 11:32 AM  
Blogger SappyChick said...

Thanks mamsbug, and no more drugs for you! ;-)

7/20/2005 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Jon Star and i would like to show you my personal experience with Nexium.

I am 34 years old. Great medicine. I only hope that I don't become dependant on it. But as my esphogus heals then maybe I'll be able to take an OTC PPI if my symtoms re-occur and I catch them ASAP! Can't wait for a generic. BLUE CROSS of MA won't pay for Nexium unless I start on generic Prilosec, then Protonix, then if both of those failed, they would pay for Nexium. I hate BLUE CROSS! My Dr. was great in giving me 7 weeks of samples when he heard this and Aztra-Zeneca gave me a 7-day coupon I re-deemed at my local pharmacy(with a written 7-day script from my Dr.)

No major side effect. Sometimes a feeling of indigestion/bloated, possibly due to low or no stomach acid as a result of a PPI. So, I am sure to chew my food well and not to eat large portions. I have introduced foods/drinks back into my diet, that before taking Nexium would otherwise bring-on reflux symtoms. Fruit juices and citric acid containing drinks still are bothersome. But, I've eaten Pizza, and am able to drink coffee/tea, both decaf(not to excess though.) A little at a time. I do not drink any alcohol! I still limit any food intake 3 hours before bedtime and try to sleep on my left side. Nexium has given me the greatest relief as compared to all OTC H2 and OTC PPI's. I'm on week 5 of an 8 week treatment.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Jon Star

11/22/2008 4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home