Wednesday, August 03, 2005

5 Songs I'm Loving... This Week

Wednesday already - my week of is going by way too quickly! I had a hard time choosing songs this week. Yesterday when I was on iTunes, a bunch of my favorite artists had new songs out. Plus I made a couple of discoveries, which have been included below:

1) "Swing Life Away," Rise Against - I heard this song over the weekend on MTV2's Rock Countdown. I'm not really sure if it's a rock song. Perhaps their album is harder than this song. This one, however, is a simple acoustic piece and a line that liked the first time I heard it: We live on front porches and swing life away.

2) "I Saw," Matt Nathanson - Okay, I discovered this guy on iTunes, and after listening to the snippets on the album, I put it in my shopping cart. This song right now is my favorite from the album, but the whole thing is good. If you like some of the male songwriters around right now, such as Gavin DeGraw and John Mayer or bands such as Lifehouse, you'll like this guy.

3) "Seasons of Love," the cast of the movie Rent - My husband is so going to kill me for this one because he detests musicals. We went to the movies Friday night, and the trailer for Rent was one of the previews shown. The trailer was just the cast singing this song with snippets of the movie flashing before our eyes, but it was the song that gave me chill bumps the moment I heard it. Sorry, honey, I bought it off iTunes.

4) "Best of You," Foo Fighters - I just like it, and I like Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl doesn't hurt the eyes either. :-)

5) "Goodbye Is All We Have," Alison Krauss & Union Station - I've been listening to Lonely Runs Both Ways today, and this song stood out because is fits in a story idea I've had for a while. I like this group anyway. Over the past few years, I've been drawn to bluegrass music. I'm glad that it's had a resurgence. It runs circles around that sickening country pop that's been overplayed.

2 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

I've heard a song by the Foo Fighters. What can I say? I'm almost 47! Do you like System of a Down? My daughter is going to see them tomorrow night.

8/04/2005 2:35 AM  
Blogger SappyChick said...

No, not a fan of System of a Down. My husband likes them, but they're too hard for me.

8/04/2005 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home