Wednesday, July 27, 2005

5 Songs I'm Loving... This Week

I haven't been listening to my iPod that much this week, but I have managed to scrounge up five songs that I've enjoyed listening to.

1) "Ohio (Come Back to Texas)" by Bowling for Soup - I like these guys. They always have amusing, fun songs. I'm not sure I'd like a whole album by them, but I've liked the three singles I've heard so far.

2) "Wordplay" by Jason Mraz - This guy rhymes like Eminem and has an incredible voice. I'm looking forward to getting Mr. A-Z, which, by the way, is a clever play on his last name.

3) "O Chariot" by Gavin DeGraw - It's a little slower and more inspirational sounding than "I Don't Wanna Be," but the melody and piano work are nice. I like what I'm hearing from this guy.

4) "Sometimes" by Holly Williams - The granddaughter of Hank Williams Sr. is quite the talented songwriter. Her voice is not a phenomenal force. It's good, but it's earnest, and she's capable of pulling the heartbreak out of a song. This one has an aching ending: I wish I were an angel in '52 in a blue Cadillac on the eve of the New Year, and there I would have saved him, the Man Who Sang the Blues. Maybe he is listening right now. Such lovely, personal sentiment about her grandfather.

5) "Set Out Running" by Neko Case - If Patsy Cline had been born in the '70s, this is how she would sound today.

1 Comments:

Blogger SappyChick said...

Thanks! It's good to know that someone is enjoying them! Hope you like what you hear!

8/01/2005 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home