Monday, September 12, 2005

It's Not a Hair Dryer... It's a Wind Machine!


I tried out my new hair dryer today... or should I call it my wind machine? I had to put my old hair dryer to rest because the rattling noise inside of it really began worrying me that it might.... ummmm... EXPLODE IN MY HAND!

I went to Tar-jay, you know the mecca of all my shopping experiences, and purchased a new one. It was $20. I could go with one of those cute, cheap ones that fold up or store the cord inside the handle, but my hair is pretty thick and past my shoulders and has a fair amount of natural curl. It'd be more efficient to let Danny blow on my hair.

So I get the advanced hair dryers that have the varying temperature settings and the different speeds and the "cool shot" button. But there's also that ion button. WTF is up with that? I have no idea what that thing does... but I leave it on anyway.

This hair dryer, however, has all that PLUS a TURBO BOOST button. I was impressed. With all these cool features, I was looking forward to drying my hair this morning. Kind of like a man with a new power tool.

Then I turned it on. Wow. I wasn't expecting the kickback from the force of wind that exploded from the nozzle. It was blowing my hair around so much that it took me a couple of minutes to situate it so that I could wrangle the brush through my hair at the same time. Then I hit the TURBO BOOST button. I'm surprised I didn't clear off the bathroom vanity with that gust.

I got to thinking about my hair dryer this morning, and I've realized the money-making and money-saving ventures I could make with this thing. First off, there's no need to buy a leaf blower this fall. Then, I could rent this sucker out to NASCAR because it would be a big help in the wind tunnel tests for those stock cars.

I'm sure there are other things I could use if for that would make or save me money, but if anybody can get me in touch with NASCAR about that wind tunnel thing... I'd be most appreciative!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but... but... how was your hair??? Now I have to know.

9/14/2005 8:45 AM  
Blogger SappyChick said...

OH! So sorry I left that out! :-)

My hair was.... fabulous!

LOL

9/14/2005 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home