Thursday, September 22, 2005

You Know What? I Don't Feel Sorry for You

I was watching the news reports about Hurricane Rita, and Galveston officials were saying that 95% of the people on the island have evacuated. Thank God! Then they show 20 senior citizens in this retirement home who are refusing to leave, and this woman says to the camera, "This building isn't going to collapse!"

Lady, I don't feel sorry for you. Really, I don't. If you want to be that stupid and stay there, you'll get what you get. I bet the people in that apartment building in Mississippi thought their building wouldn't come down either, but it did. Thirty people died because they didn't leave. After all the images on TV over the past weeks these idiots decided to stay. They won't get an ounce of pity out of me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

Hey Carla! Thanks for posting over on my blog. I completely agree. People staying and 'toughing it out' during Rita are lunatics. What bothers me more is if something does happen, rescuers will be sent in to risk their lives for these people.

As an aside, Bradley Cooper may be on a few eps of Alias this year if they can work around his shooting schedule! Can't wait! :o)

9/22/2005 9:13 PM  
Blogger God said...

Now you understand why there are times I have to slip on my lifeguard whistle and yell "hey you! get outta the genepool!"

9/23/2005 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home